To make your basement energy-efficient during the renovation, consider the following measures:
- Proper insulation and vapour barriers to prevent heat loss and moisture intrusion.
- High-efficiency windows and doors to minimize drafts.
- Energy-efficient lighting fixtures and LED bulbs.
- Sealing gaps and cracks to reduce air infiltration.
- Installing programmable thermostats to control heating and cooling.
- Using energy-efficient appliances and fixtures in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Properly maintaining HVAC systems for optimal performance.
- Consult with a contractor or energy specialist to identify specific energy-saving opportunities based on your renovation project.